In 1999, a group of young people travelled from Edinburgh to India. Confronted by the harsh reality of what it means to grow up in India, there was no choice - we had to act.
The leader of the youth group – palliative nurse – Gillie Davidson founded a charity, Scottish Love in Action.
So who are we and what do we do? We believe everyone deserves to be equal. Is that too much to ask? Working with our Indian programme partners we:
• give a voice to children and young people
• help children to understand their basic human rights
• show young people that they matter
• help children to stay in school and learn
• help children to look after their mental health
• help young people prepare to be independent adults
In Scotland, our main role is to fundraise to enable this amazing work to happen.
Thank you for buying a ticket – you are helping to transform the life of a vulnerable child or young person in India.